Influencer Marketing Manager
Opportunity in short: Early entry into ambitious Nordic scale-up, well positioned in the booming global esports industry. Highly experienced core team in place, NOK 150 million funding secured, and top-ranking elite teams acquired. Competitive compensation incl. equity.
Esports - a popular revolution
Do you want to work in a hyper-expansive industry with 500 million fans, professional teams battling for millions in prize pools, and annual revenues exceeding $1 billion? How about managing a global sports organization where the athletes, crowds, and stadiums are as real as they get, while the game itself is virtual? Esports has rapidly emerged from the underground and is now hitting the masses. In parallel venture capitalists, private equity, and other investment communities are fighting for the best opportunities, with esports businesses growing at record speeds. Sounds interesting?
We are strengthening our content team with a strategic Influencer Marketing Manager.
As a Influencer Marketing Manager in Heroic/Omaken, you will play a central role in our marketing team, work closely with our content managers, professional teams and the influencers joining our journey. You will be overall responsible for managing our influencer strategy. We hope to attract an experienced, creative, and self-driven candidate with a proven track record ideally from sport, advertisement, media, or entertainment industries. You should be up to date on influencers and SoMe platforms, including trends on platforms. Overall, you should have a genuine interest for expanding reach through development of high-quality content creators across our international target groups, hereunder both existing fans and new prospect followers.
- Lead the Heroic influencer strategy from idea and planning through execution
- Develop strong understanding of the gaming/esports scene and the Heroic brand identity with influencers
- Create strategies to grow Heroic influencers, both short- and long-term objectives and KPIs
- Recruiting the best influencers for Heroic’s brand
- Expand our influencer and content team in line with business needs
- You will work closely together with the marketing team and report directly to the CMO
- Strengthen profiles of athletes and influencers through hands-on planning & execution support
- Stay updated on SoMe trends and coordinate with competitors & partners to grow engagement
- Identify SoMe improvements through KPI analysis, trend-watching, creative partnerships etc.
- Drive expansion into new promising channels e.g. podcasts
Academic and professional background
- Experience with management and sales for influencers
- Relevant higher education within marketing, advertisement, SoMe, and digital channels
- Experience with analyst tools
- Esports or adjacent industry experience, privately or professionally
- Passionate about influencers, SoMe trends, and communication
- Strong interest for digital popular culture
- Ambitious, result oriented, with strong appetite for growth
- Structured, creative, innovative, and analytical
- Proactive, self-driven, and pragmatic
- Excellent communication skills, especially in writing and sales presentations
- Proven as leader with strong people skills and collaborative mindset
- Comfortable with both direction-setting and hands-on execution
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, and attracted to working in international environments
- Driven by high speed, short deadlines, and direct results
What Heroic offers
- Established SoMe platform with ~700k followers and all-time views of ~150M across channels
- Strong willingness to investment into the domain with ~40% SoMe growth last 4 months
- Already strong established team with SoMe and media experts coming from esports
- Early entry, hereunder the ability to impact our long-term direction
- Secured funding and competitive salary
- Dynamic and fun work environment, with people and culture as the pinnacle for growth
- Opportunity to gain unique esports competency from “the inside”
- International environment; Nordics as our base and the world as our playground
- Opportunity to position the Nordics at the top of a global competitive arena
- Big screens, powerful computers, ergonomic gaming chairs, and free flow of energy drinks
How to apply?
- Submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your CV and a short cover letter / motivational letter in two separate attachmentsInclude your name and the role you are applying for in the e-mail subject field (Example: Application for Head of Social Media - John Handcock)
- Deadline: as soon as possible
About Heroic and Omaken Sports
Heroic was founded in 2016 as a promising challenger in the professional esports scene. Since then, through hard work and commitment, we have succeeded to position as one of the best elite teams globally. Heroic was acquired by Omaken Sports this February, providing a strong platform for additional growth and expansion. Omaken Sports was founded in 2020, and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Our founder, Joachim “NoobworK” Haraldsen is Norway’s most profiled gamer with an impressive industry network and a vision to position Heroic and the Nordic region at the top of the global esports scene. Omaken Sports recently raised NOK 150 million in capital, enabling the acquisition of Heroic and several other growth initiatives currently in the making. Heroic now has the second best professional CS:GO team globally, a world-leading PUBG and Rainbow Six rosters, and a very promising simracing set-up. With rapid growth as our main objective, we are quickly entering new games, signing new elite teams, positioning for franchise stakes in top leagues, and attracting world-class commercial partners. The timing is now, and the opportunities are many. Initially, our main target is to conquer the elite esports segment under the Heroic banner. Over time, Omaken Sports will grow into other gaming verticals.
Our company values are #BeCompetitive, #BeProfessional, and #BeBorderless. These three values are all captured in our #BeHeroic caption and intends to speak to and inspire current and future esports fans. We aim to motivate people to adopt heroic characteristics such as being a role model, showing courage, acting noble, or achieving greatness. Being heroic is showing respect for others and promoting human equality. Standing up for yourself, and those in need. From an organizational point of view, we want all our employees to represent #BeHeroic through our joint ACHIEVEMENTS, the PERSONALITIES we represent, and our RESPONSIBILITY towards our fans, our communities, and through our social impact work.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact: